I think my folktale is lacking characters because most stories have many characters. However, I only have a few characters in my folktale. My cultural pastiche seems to be missing some details of both the characters and customs of my culture. What my story is lacking the most right now is more information and details about how my version of "The Frog Prince" will be. I feel that the beginning of my folktale is not yet decided. I have not made a decision about how to start of my story yet.
What i want my folktale to really focus on is the main storyline of "The Frog Prince," Korean customs and proverbs, and last but not least, the messages that i want the readers to receive. Although i want my folktale to stand out from others, i don't think i can make any more major changes into the folktale now that i have already gotten this far. For instance, i want to twist the storyline a little bit and instead of having the Prince turn into a Frog, i thought of having the Princess turn into a frog because of her selfishness and cold heart. However, it would be quite difficult now that i have made most of my decisions already. Perhaps i could put in more details of how the story will really go and hopefully find more characters along the way.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have done a good job on thinking about what you want to add more in depth into your story. How are you going to have a twist into your storyline?
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the Princess being a frog. I do not believe that it will be to late to change anything because at the moment you are just brainstorming, so you can change whatever you want with you story.
ReplyDeleteA folktale can have only two characters and still be very interesting. But good job so far.
ReplyDelete