I'm not sure which category my folktale belongs in, but i think it would fall more under the fairy folktale category. The magical characters in my folktale are the evil witch with magical powers and the prince who magically turned into a frog and is able to speak. However, there aren't going to be that many magical scenes in my folktale besides the scene when the evil witch turns the prince into a frog and when the spell on the frog is broken. I want to include fairy magic in my story, but i don't want too much of it that it becomes unnecessary.
As i have mentioned before, my folktale will end with a happy ending for the Prince and Princess. Also, i have decided to have the evil witch be punished by losing all her magical and evil powers after the Prince had broken her spell. Therefore, she won't be able to place any more evil spells on anyone else. I want this folktale to be a magical folktale, as well as a serious and more realistic one. I also want it to satisfy the readers and have the cultural traditions of Korea.
No comments:
Post a Comment