Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Two

The main components of "The Frog Prince" by The Brothers Grimm is the princess, and the frog (prince). The supporting characters of this folk tale is mainly the princess' father (king). In order for this story to apply to its original, there must be some sort of well, or pond, and the most important, a golden ball. All of these things are important for this folk tale because without them, it would be a different story.

The princess has her role of playing the spoiled daughter of the king while the frog has the role of a prince who is under a spell and has to be loved in order to break it. The king's role is to support the frog and convince his daughter to do what she has promised. For this folk tale, I want to deliver the message that is being told. I want the readers to enjoy "The Frog Prince" and receive the message in a pleasing manner.

2 comments:

  1. So keeping the pool of water, golden ball, and king is going to be important in your story. The "frog" will need a place to live, the ball will be the symbol of reward or magic, and the king is the ever-present authority figure. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the story that you have choosen it sounds very interesting. You have a very good start I wonder how it would turn out in the end. I cant wait to read your story.

    ReplyDelete