Monday, January 25, 2010

Day Twenty One

I haven't decided on the book openings, but i definitely want a picture that will immediately catch the attention of the readers. Perhaps it can be the fashion or appearances of the characters. I am still deciding on whether to start the story off about the selfish and lonely Princess or the situation between the witch and the Prince. However, i want the actions of my folktale to take place quickly because i don't want to drag my story and make the readers lose interest in them. I was also thinking about describing the Palace with an illustration that can get the readers' attention.

I want to make my folktale predictable yet unpredictable at the same time. Also, i want the readers to feel some kind of intenseness while reader so that they are eager to contine reading further into the book. I want to start my folktale off with, "Once upon a time..." because i feel that it is simply a way of how authors introduce their fairytales and it immediately lets the readers know that this is a folktale. I want to make my story unique, yet at the same time keep the same introductory as most folktales do. I will first draw the beautiful palace that the Princess and King lives in that can attract the reader once reading the first page. I hope to tell about the Palace which is separated into many parts as most Palaces in South Korea are. I want to explain and share every specific detail about it and fascinate them.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is a really good idea and I like the illustrations you are choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The illustrations you have chosen are great but I think that you should describe the palace and place first then get into the story, that is how most great folk-tales start :) keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the "Once upon a time" line is a great idea since you want the reader to know its a folk tale. It is really going to set up your story well. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you are thinking outside of the box on what you want to open up your story with.
    Most people wouldn't have thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete